The Zauberi Glossary
I realized one day that as I wrote the books in The Zauberi Chronicles, I was regularly having to go back to check to make sure I was currently using the terms I had made up, or see if a term already existed for a character or if I needed to create a new one. So it occurred to me that if I'm the architect of this world and having trouble keeping everything straight, maybe there's a reader who is too. Armed with that epiphany, I created this glossary so that you and I both can remember who's who and what's what in the world of The Zauberi Chronicles.
- Gevalti: The paramilitary force headed by Oberhaupt
- Heiler/heilerin: A healer
- Hexeri/hexerin: A zauberi whose abilities can be weaponized
- Schopfer: A creator
- Stadstrat: Minister or secretary in the Zauberat
- Unterlegen: Inferior; a derogatory term for a person who is not a zauberi
- Zauber: Magic or magical
- Zauberi/zauberin: A person with special abilities that are akin to magic or superpowers
- Zauberat: The local government council that oversees the zauberi
Get the latest ...
Get the first three chapters of Vulcan Rising, updates from J. W. Judge about the book, and articles he's writing about the process and craft of writing.
Support my work on Patreon to get early access to my books.